- We hope that as many people as possible will come to our morning service
next Sunday, 21 January, when we shall be thinking about the future of our
Church. Please read in advance the Minister’s Letter in your January Contact
(spare copies are available from the Pew Stewards) and consider what changes to
the fabric of the sanctuary you believe would make it more welcoming, accessible
and flexible for the various activities that take place there now and could be
accommodated in the years to come. It is important that everyone has an
opportunity to make their views known; do spread the word to your friends.
- We are invited to join in a Chain of Prayer for Christian Unity this Thursday
18 January in St Luke’s Chapel at Norwich Cathedral. Revd Canon Julian
Pursehouse will be leading the prayers from 12 noon until 12.15 pm; our Church
has been allocated the period from 1.00 pm until 1.15 pm. David Ingham will be
there to lead the prayers but you will be welcome to join him.
- The January edition of Contact, our Church magazine, is out now. Do ask the
Pew Stewards for your copy. Items for the February edition should be with
Pauline Mann by next Sunday, 21 January.
- A big thank you to those of you from our Church who collected in the streets
of the city for St Martins Housing Trust before Christmas. The grand total raised
was £29,150, which will help to finish the additional accommodation at
Bishopbridge House, their direct access hostel.
- Thanks, too, for your generous donations to the Norwich Foodbank, which
helped to make Christmas special for many individuals and families in crisis.
- A reminder from Elisabeth Traverse that you should let her know the details
of any copyright readings or recordings which you use within our Church premises.
- You’re invited to join with other churches in praying this week for Norwich
Cathedral, and for the schools in our city, their students, teachers and governors.